Ir al contenido principal

My Career


The career that I am studying is the Sociology, at the Universidad de Chile. I think that is a good and funny career, but, it could be better.

In this career, the subjects that I have to study are varied types, like, philosophy, economy, psychology, anthropology, statistics, and, of course, sociological theory (among many more). In most of these subjects, we learn the different thoughts of important authors for sociology, those who are usually men, and rarely did we read texts written by women. I think that the organization of the texts that we read should be more equitable in all the courses, because it is essential not to hide the voices of women who have been equally important in the social theory.

The duration of the career is five years, in which we must study ten semesters. I think that it's a good time to get a good preparation (or maybe a little extensive time). Also, I think that the campus have a good infrastructure and the classrooms are big and very comfortable, especially when it's cold and turn on the heating c: However, all the subjects that we have (at least in this semester) are taught in the Aularios´s rooms, those who are far from our faculty (the only class that we have in the faculty is English) and for this reason´s sometimes I miss the faculty :c I think that we should be at least two classes in our faculty.

Really I don´t care the technology or the teaching methods, because it´s depends of each teacher (but they should always respect the students) and the important thing is want to learn by yourself and be motivated with the classes (but sometimes it´s hard :c)

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

¿Cat or Dogs?

There are many decisions that are essential to your life, and one of those is if you prefer dogs or cats. I think this is the most important decision that you have to take in your life. For me, I like the cats because they are highly intelligent creatures; they are small and very cute, but also, if the cats don´t want your company (or do not want to be disturbed to sleep all day), they can be a little monster and they can inflict you more than a wound, but when they want, can be your best friend. I had a black cat called “Kuro” and he was very small and very adorable, but one day he escaped from the house and a car ran over him :( . About dogs, I really like them, because they seems happy when you want to caress them and they are very playful and extremely faithful. For this, when I see a dog in the street it makes me very sad and I try to caress him and give him something to eat. I have a dog called “Blanquita”. She is approximately 8 years old and we found her in the street whe...

¿My Future?

Well, honestly, I haven´t thought about what I'm going to study in the future, but I always liked the music, I play the guitar but I don´t know about theory methods to play and I´ve always wanted to learn to play other instruments like the violin or the bass, so I think that in the future, after finishing the sociology career, I would like to study a subject about music, like a story of music or the music theory, and to be able to play every instruments of the world jeje. I think there must be excellent courses abroad, but I would like stay here in Chile, because I would like to study this course while I work as a sociologist, to afford the course, and my entire life :B so I think that a distance learning is a good option for me. I imagine myself working as a sociologist, and then coming to my house and studying music from the computer :). And maybe when I am old, I like to study a philosophy course, because I've always been interested in all this topics about the humanity, s...

The Problem of Cell-Phones in the Clasrroom

It is not a novelty the fact that the technology has had an incredible developing and increasing in recent decades. This can be reflected in many aspect of our society. For example, in the transportation area, the comunication area, or simply, in the entertainment area. In this sense, one of the technological products that has had the greatest impact on our lives is the cell-phone. This product has become in a essential and necessary partner in our day to day and we occupy it at all times and in any activity. This causes debates about the advantages and disadvantages of using the cell phone, especially in places like the classroom. Some people think that the using cell-phone in the classroom could be very harmful to the learning, and others think that could be beneficial. In this essay we shows that while it is true that using cell-phone can be beneficial at the time of learning, for example, if you don´t understand a topic or a concept, you couldl in your cell-phone information about ...