Ir al contenido principal

The problem with the Sociology



We live in a world that is in a constant change. Through of the history we could see how the wars, the poverty, the revolutions, the technology, and the own system, guide the way of humanity. Why the world changes an every moment? Why we live in a deeply inequality society for the most of people? Sociology seems to be a good way to respond these questions, since this is the scientific study of society, patterns of social relationships, social interaction and culture of everyday life. For this, through Sociology we can know the phenomena that occur in the society through history, to take better decisions at present. For example, in the problem of gender inequality at work, with a good sociology investigation we could have a better understanding of this problem. This information could be very important at the time of to make public policies that really help to reduce the salary gap. Consequently, Sociology is an important and indispensable tool if we want a equal and democratic society.

Despite the importance of Sociology to understand in a better way the phenomena that occur in the world and the fact that it may help to resolve many problems to the life of people, matters related to the sociology are more focused on the own sociology, that is to say, the theory and methodology to approach the phenomena. Therefore, the actual society with its problems passes to a secondary role. This wrong focus could produce a greater and greater distance between Sociology and the society, that is to say, the problems of the people. So, what is the use of a Sociology who cares more for itself and not for the problems and phenomena that occur in the society? Even though the important of theory and methodology (without a good theoretical basis and effective methodology it is impossible to make an good investigation) It is necessary to put the focus in the real problems and how to solve this in a good way. For this reason, will be presented a project that seeks an approach between sociology and actual social problems.

How we saw in the previous paragraphs, it is necessary a solution to this distance that is occurring. For this, the project "Sociology in the Society" would be a good solution. This project it has a purpose to approach Sociology to the daily life, and the phenomena that occur in the actual society. So this program is focused on the students that are studying a Sociology career. Specifically,  the idea is to make monthly seminars in the university about the role of sociology in the society and the actual problems that is occurring in the society. In this seminars will be delivered a papers with information about investigations of other sociologist and how this investigation have produced real changes in society. This seminars and papers will help the future sociologist for to put the focus in the society with his problems,that are the basic elements of a good sociology.











Comentarios

  1. Hi Diego,
    Remember in English, question marks are only used at the end of the question. It seems interesting although the first part isn't totally clear. The second paragragh seems to be closer to what the introduction is about

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

¿My Future?

Well, honestly, I haven´t thought about what I'm going to study in the future, but I always liked the music, I play the guitar but I don´t know about theory methods to play and I´ve always wanted to learn to play other instruments like the violin or the bass, so I think that in the future, after finishing the sociology career, I would like to study a subject about music, like a story of music or the music theory, and to be able to play every instruments of the world jeje. I think there must be excellent courses abroad, but I would like stay here in Chile, because I would like to study this course while I work as a sociologist, to afford the course, and my entire life :B so I think that a distance learning is a good option for me. I imagine myself working as a sociologist, and then coming to my house and studying music from the computer :). And maybe when I am old, I like to study a philosophy course, because I've always been interested in all this topics about the humanity, s

¿Cat or Dogs?

There are many decisions that are essential to your life, and one of those is if you prefer dogs or cats. I think this is the most important decision that you have to take in your life. For me, I like the cats because they are highly intelligent creatures; they are small and very cute, but also, if the cats don´t want your company (or do not want to be disturbed to sleep all day), they can be a little monster and they can inflict you more than a wound, but when they want, can be your best friend. I had a black cat called “Kuro” and he was very small and very adorable, but one day he escaped from the house and a car ran over him :( . About dogs, I really like them, because they seems happy when you want to caress them and they are very playful and extremely faithful. For this, when I see a dog in the street it makes me very sad and I try to caress him and give him something to eat. I have a dog called “Blanquita”. She is approximately 8 years old and we found her in the street whe

The Best Holiday

My best holidays were three years ago, but, it seems like a lot of time has passed ;( That year I don't travel anywhere out of the country or even out of Santiago, I just spend my vacation at my grandparents' house in Santiago, in Peñaflor township. I was around 3 weeks staying in this house, and it was very entertaining. I was accompanied by my cousin, and we spent all day playing ping pong with my cousin and computer games, in addition to watching movies with my grandmother, and every night, we we got together to play card games until very late. Why these have been my best vacations? Maybe I didn't see beautiful places, or I didn't rest on a beach, or even I didn't eat delicious foods, but I really didn't care, because I was accompanied by part of my family that I didn't see for a long time and  I really enjoyed it (and I could sleep a lot :) For these reasons, this is my best holiday :)